We are grassroots group of parents, educators and community members who believe our Public Schools should be well-funded, have small class sizes, with a diverse curriculum that includes history, science, music, arts, and physical education.
We are against the use of high-stakes testing in our schools. Excessive testing takes away significant time from learning, it forces teachers to "teach to the test", it takes the joy out of learning for children, and it uses our children as tools to evaluate school districts, schools, and teachers. We aim to abolish the use of large databases that provide our children's private, personal information to private vendors without parents' permission.
Our goal is to educate parents and community members about the real education that children are receiving and to
help parents understand what the options are for their children.
What we believe
- We believe a strong public school system is an important part of society.
- We stand for well-funded public schools.
- We advocate small class size.
- We are against the use of high-stakes testing in our schools.
- Schools should have a diverse curriculum beyond the emphasis on ELA and math.
- We stand against the privatization of public education.